Maker Pro
Maker Pro

A realization

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
I don't know anyone who likes companies such as banks and cinema and well almost every major company these days, after the voice say your number, sorry i did not understand that please try again...

well, the one company NOT following this rule is the telephone company itself, would it not be a far far safer place if the telco's made them computer recognized, this would eliminate 2 things...

1. people masking their voice, WhyAyeee Aye Wanna The Police Mon Ya ..., the computer just is not going to get it, please repeat what do you want?..

FIRE!!!! FIREE FIREE, so is it FIRE services that you are after? WES FIREEEEE!!!! did you say yes to yes fire? say Confirm now, I CONFIRM I CONFIRM FIRE FIRE MY HOUSE ON FIRE..

So to confrim, you have a fire and you are in need of a fire service? is that correct? F**** YES CORRECT FIREEEEEE FIREEEEE MY HOUSE IS A BURNING A DOWN FIREEEE

ok sir, i'll put you through to [FIRE[ now thank you, have a delightful day.

or alternatively, speak your number, or simply say something like, Doctors, Enfield, 5041 and or info required and it makes the phone call for you, mobile phones can why not old fashioned landlines?... even the ability to put speak your facebook username/password into a public phone box and it'll bring up a list of contacts you can email, ring, etc....

but would you he up for simply talking to make a call rather than the existing system? or is there some kind of limitation on this bandwidth level?

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
and the other thing, crime, you have to use a semi normal voice to talk to a computer making it harder to hide your identity and i'm sure enough voice recognition will be actually recognizing who you are as opposed to finding out what you say, oh yes, hello sir, mr xxxxxxxxx i do know you would you like to use your existing account just enter your pin/password just through talking into a machine...

not sure what point i had now, just being a visionary again :)

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
oh yes, immigratns would be safer not knowing the language, because they could speak 1 of several major languages, fire, emergency, etc, and each language would put you through to the correct people to save time and money...

for example, you're English living in Spain, you're house is burning but you can't remember the emergency number or infact the name for fire (Fuego?) anyway, the system would answer, you say English, the system will then ask you what you need a phone number? or emergency service, you then say fire, police whatever

how can this not be a better idea? only a few key words and with a few hundreds of people from varying backgrounds tailored for different regional accents and locations in their own language... so Hello or Help or Emergency etc etc can be scanned for the human's first words in their native and then every other language, if found, the database is switched to deal with this person..

Would this not reduce the risk of life and property alone?.... and secondary, you could say switch to dialer, and you type in your normal number or speak the number or sign in with a linked account?... the possibilitys are endless.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Here, emergency calls are handled by a real person.

If they can't understand what you're saying they'll send the police.

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Here, emergency calls are handled by a real person.

If they can't understand what you're saying they'll send the police.

Yes, and in the states it is a crime to call the emergency hotline as a hoax. These are all good things because it keeps people honest and as helpful as they can be.

how can this not be a better idea?

Because I do not want a computer telling me how to help an unconscious child. Emergency operators need to help as much as possible, beyond sending help. It is this decisive decision making ability of a human that has saved countless lives that a computer could never in a million years take credit for. Seconds count when a life is on the line, do you want to be in an argument with a computer about what to do because the background noise is making it impossible for the computer to hear you effectively?

Last edited: