Connect with us

A question about the rubber contact strips for LCDs

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by Eric R Snow, May 27, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Eric R Snow

    Eric R Snow Guest

    Greetings All,
    Common in many LCD displays are rubber contact strips which are the
    connection between the Circuit board and the glass LCD assembly.
    Looking inside one device I noted that an exact contact strip
    placement in the long direction was not possible because of mounting
    tolerances of the circuit board to the plastic case holding the LCD.
    Using a magnifier to look at the strip it appears that there are
    strips of two different materials all bonded in a stack. So I'm
    thinking there is a conducting strip then an insulating strip then a
    conducting strip etc. Is this correct?
    Thank You,
    Eric R Snow
  2. Yes. That strip is known as "zebra strip".
    It works well for low current connections that
    are not sensitive to small voltage drops.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day