Maker Pro
Maker Pro

a push in the right direction

hippysniper

Sep 23, 2012
Hay guys i am new to this forum and so please yell really hard if i make any stupid mistakes.

What my question is: is i would like to have an inferred/rgb camera that feeds into a chipset this chipset has to run a program like face recognition.

The chip then displays the results on a screen as fast as possible effectively the feed has to have no lag whatsoever.

The chipset preferable needs to have wifi capabilities as i will need to use some of the results to search a small database.

in a nut shell i need to know where to start on this chipset. I am a programmer/ software engineer and would like something that is not build it yourself. and would prefer if the chip set was easy to upload pre built programs to.

Is this possible or do i need to do alot of study to start building my own? any feed back will be greatly appreciated.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
What you probably want is a single board computer. This could be an ARM chip or X86 chip running Linux.

Bob

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
Interesting. A friend of mine is working on a project with almost exactly those requirements (I cant talk about it though). I'd say it depends on the extent of the database side. The easiest solution would be to use a wireless camera and run the software on a PC or laptop. If you need a self-contained hardware solution you could look at the respberry pi