Connect with us

A parts identification mystery....

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by LlewellynFoxx, Jan 17, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. LlewellynFoxx

LlewellynFoxx

Jan 17, 2014
    ...With few clues!
    So. One of my powered speakers gave out, opening the 'amped' one up this dropped out, so I'm making the huge leap of imagination that the broken thing needs replacing. But I have no idea what the broken thing is. Any feedback will be heartily received and much appreciated as life in Mono is getting me down!

The fragment retains the characters "6401" (top row) "MIC" (below) and is the same length as the speaker slot on the front of an iPhone (12mm ish).

Attached Files:

2. jpanhalt

jpanhalt

Nov 12, 2013
    It may be a 1N5401 diode, which is a fairly common size. Are you sure it is a 6 and not a 5? The usual package is a little smaller than 12mm. One datasheet lists the max length as 9.5 mm.

What are the markings on the adjacent diodes?

John

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    It's definitely a diode.
    Like jpanhalt says, check the other diodes in line with it, to be sure of the correct
    part number.

Ask a Question