Maker Pro
Maker Pro

a newbie question about the soldering station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garye

May 31, 2014
I am new as electronic hobbyist. In fact, I am working in software industry. But, recently I got drawn into electronics design and decided to buy my own soldering station. I checked a few soldering station review sites. This one http://www.whichsolderingstation.com recommends Hakko and Weller. I heard Weller before but I have no personal preference. I would like to know what is your opinion on it. I should go for Hakko fx888 or Weller wesd51? Thank you very much for your time.

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
I use a Hakko 936 at home. It's the predecessor to the FX-888 even though they look different.

I use Weller WESD51's at work.

Performance is similar but I'd opt for the Hakko because it has a higher wattage, a better iron holder and it's handpiece (FX-8801) doesn't eventually melt like the Weller PES51 does.

Last edited:

Garye

May 31, 2014
I use a Hakko 936 at home. It's the predecessor to the FX-888 even though they look different.

I use Weller WESD51's at work.

Performance is similar but I'd opt for the Hakko because it has a higher wattage, a better iron holder and it's handpiece (FX-8801) doesn't eventually melt like the Weller PES51 does.

That is what I heard from my friend. Appreciate the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.