Maker Pro
Maker Pro

A M signal.

Electric Al

Jan 16, 2014
I have researched ,but I can't find a decent inexpensive way to boost an A M signal .

I live in an area that has limited A M signal . No cell phone signal either.

Anyway , is there any way to boost my signal . I enjoy listening to some A M radio stations .

Are there any antenna devices on the market , that are relatively inexpensive.

The only factory made antennas I have seen , are expensive !

I am CHEAP !

Electric Al

Jan 16, 2014
Did you try hooking it up to an antenna on the roof?

Yes !
It did not make a lot of difference, and a lot of background noise !

I even made an antenna out of an X shaped frame with copper wire wrapped around it , as I found on YouTube .

Still had too much interference , to enjoy the transmission .

I would like to find an attenuator , maybe from an old superheterodyne radio .

But these are getting pretty scarce .

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
You say that you want to boost the signal and attenuate it. It will get back to what it was except for more noise. I have never seen an attenuator in a superhet radio.

You need to get rid of noise. Turn off the electric to your house and listen on a battery radio, then turn on devices one at a time to find what is causing the problem.

I had a problem with noise which was on the incoming mains. The supplier refused to believe that there was a fault until a cable exploded in the road.

A ferrite cored coil (loop stick) can provide some directivity to select the station you want and reduce interference. A loop aerial well away from the house can be used with a matching device to send the signal to the house via a coax cable.