Maker Pro
Maker Pro

A Little Knowledge is Dangerous

M

miso

Jan 1, 1970
This is a joke:

just to acquire "body temperature" [of his arm].

Just use the Apple iSuppository, which provides rectal temperature via

low energy bluetooth. The Apple store can be both figuratively and

literally like getting something shoved up your ass.

LOL- gives literal meaning to PLUG-in.

I hate it when someone tops my joke with a better joke.

I'm trying to think of how to incorporate "security wipe" or "wipe the
phone" here....

B

Bill Sloman

Jan 1, 1970
On 11/4/2013 1:07 PM, George Herold wrote
On Monday, November 4, 2013 2:17:49 PM UTC-5, [email protected]:

This is a joke:

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/the-diy-cyborg

just to acquire "body temperature" [of his arm].

Ouch! I think he'd live longer if he didn't stick 'things' under his skin. (Seems like at least they should have used a little ARM uC :^)

Small exaggeration there - he's not dead yet, and if the implant does create problems, it's easy enough to take it out again.

"Artists" are into self-publicity. If they jump in ahead of the curve, the newspapers are more likely to give them the attention they seek.
Because they're leftists.

krw produces his stock answer. Sadly, he fails to distinguish between between leftists in general - who are more interested in innovations than conservatives, more or less by definition - and leftist artists, who seek publicity by adopting attention-getting innovations rather earlier than is entirely prudent.

There are plenty of prudent leftists around, and there are prudent rightistwho will adopt innovations after the less prudent leftists have adopted them - usually on a small scale - and road-tested them for long enough to inspire confidence.

krw is more representative of the bone-headed right-winger, who won't adoptany innovation discovered after his oldest grandfather was born, and thinks that the Minutemen should have armed themselves with cross-bows, rather than the new-fangled musket.

M

miso

Jan 1, 1970
Yep, KRW is right up there with Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann.

Small exaggeration there - he's not dead yet, and if the implant does create problems, it's easy enough to take it out again.

He's causing localized hyperactivation of his immune system to the implant.There are too many unknowns doing something like this, it should only be done if it's an absolute medical necessity. Look at the correlation between certain kinds of breast implants and lupus (autoimmunity), not good. Even if he doesn't develop full-blown lupus, there is always the chance that the randomized antibody production process will produce lymphocytes that attackvital organs or functions. He may also have an undetectably small underlying infection, such as TB, which is otherwise kept in check, but now may start growing out of control because he is weakening his immune response with the implant. Cancer would not be outside the realm of possibility either. Removing the implant will not fix these kinds of problems. Too much can go wrong and that's why he couldn't find a doctor to perform the surgery.

B

Bill Sloman

Jan 1, 1970
He's causing localized hyperactivation of his immune system to the implant. There are too many unknowns doing something like this, it should only bedone if it's an absolute medical necessity. Look at the correlation between certain kinds of breast implants and lupus (autoimmunity), not good. Evenif he doesn't develop full-blown lupus, there is always the chance that the randomized antibody production process will produce lymphocytes that attack vital organs or functions. He may also have an undetectably small underlying infection, such as TB, which is otherwise kept in check, but now may start growing out of control because he is weakening his immune response with the implant. Cancer would not be outside the realm of possibility either.Removing the implant will not fix these kinds of problems. Too much can gowrong and that's why he couldn't find a doctor to perform the surgery.

I'd take this more seriously if there weren't so many breast implants around, and pierced ears (lips, nostrils etc) with metal rings in them.

It's dumb and somewhat dangerous, but rarely fatal. Of course I've got a chunk of titanium stuck into my jaw, and need to talk to my dentist about getting another. That's perfectly routine.

B

Bill Sloman

Jan 1, 1970
Why thank you, but I'm not nearly that cute.

"Cute" originally meant acute, which is not a description that fits either krw or Sarah Palin. Michelle Bachmann received a J.D. degree from Oral Roberts University, which doesn't argue for any great intellectual power either.

"Cute" originally meant acute, which is not a description that fits either krw or Sarah Palin. Michelle Bachmann received a J.D. degree from Oral Roberts University, which doesn't argue for any great intellectual power either.

You really do try to be AlwaysWrong, don't you Slowman? You're
succeeding.

B

Bill Sloman

Jan 1, 1970
You really do try to be AlwaysWrong, don't you Sloman? You're succeeding.

krw reminds us - again - that he falls a long way short of acute. I was rather hoping he'd say something nice about the Oral Roberts University, but it seems he isn't quite that terminally stupid.

I'd take this more seriously if there weren't so many breast implants around, and pierced ears (lips, nostrils etc) with metal rings in them.

Piercings are different because they're not in contact with the blood.
It's dumb and somewhat dangerous, but rarely fatal. Of course I've got a chunk of titanium stuck into my jaw, and need to talk to my dentist about getting another. That's perfectly routine.

I'm sure there's a reaction but it's probably so minute it will never manifest itself in anybody's lifetime.

G

Greegor

Jan 1, 1970
BS > and thinks that the Minutemen should have

You sure do seem VERY obsessed with the USA
for an Australian misfit.

B

Bill Sloman

Jan 1, 1970
BS > and thinks that the Minutemen should have

You sure do seem VERY obsessed with the USA for an Australian misfit.

We got taught American history at school, and European history. Knowing about the Minutemen and Paul Revere is perfectly normal for Australian non-misfits too.

What might prompt you to class me as a misfit - political antipathy excepted - escapes me. You clearly know nothing about Australia, let alone what might constitute a misfit in Australian society, so it has to be peculiarly mindless abuse.