Connect with us

a circuit equivalent to function generator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by farrokh, Nov 30, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. farrokh

farrokh

Oct 28, 2015
    i want to send a AC current with 20kHz frequncy to a coil. I know that It is possible by a function generator. Because function generator is expensise, i want to do by another thing. how can i do it in inexpensive way?

Thanks a lot
    Farrokh

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Oscillator + audio amplifier.

Bob

3. farrokh

farrokh

Oct 28, 2015
    Thank you for your reply,
    I want to use it in metal detector. so it should be light and portable. therefore i think oscillator can't be used, any suggestion?

4. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    There are many ways of making an oscillator. The simplest I have made uses a CMOS 4093, one resistor and one capacitor. You could also use a blocking oscillator (one transistor and an inductance), a bistable (two transistors) or Wein bridge oscillator (one op-amp).

I am not up to the latest in metal detectors but the early ones used the search coil in an oscillator which varied in frequency and compared this with a fixed frequency oscillator to give a whistle.

5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Or a Colpitts oscillator, which has a single transistor, inductor and a few capacitors and resistors.

Bob

Ask a Question