Maker Pro
Maker Pro

8051 to arduino uno

Ty Ban

Aug 27, 2017
I'm gonna do a project which is home automation ( turn on/off any appliances ) using bluetooth from my android device. My problem here is I want to use arduino instead the 8051 microcontroller ( because we are limited to only use arduino and not any other microcontroller ) . But I dont know how? or is it possible to replace 8051 with arduino?

below is the link of the project I'm going to do. Thanks
https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/bluetooth-controlled-home-automation-using-8051

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Best not even to think along 'comparison' lines. Simply approach the Arduino as an entirely different device and start from scratch.

You know what input and outputs you require, all you have to do is develop the software to join them up! But the Arduino has many I/O modules available for it and also the programming libraries (known as 'sketches') to match, which makes developing any system using an Arduino very simple (compared to using the likes of an 8051).

If you are familiar with programming languages like C then you'll find yourself right at home with an Arduino pretty much as soon as you start using it.