Connect with us

8-Bit Music

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Gorfnod, Mar 25, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Gorfnod

Gorfnod

Mar 25, 2014
    Before I start to build something of my own, I was wondering if anyone was familiar with a device that I could use to store some small music files, primarily NES theme music, that could be wired to be played with specfic button presses.

2. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
  3. Gorfnod

Gorfnod

Mar 25, 2014
    It looks like it would work but I was hoping to find something that would be similar to one of those sound effects key chains but with a higher number of buttons.

4. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Try Googling portable soundboard.

Or you could make your own with a microcontroller. I would go for one with a DAC - 10 bits at least, preferably 12. You can use an SD or Micro SD card for the audio, but you'll need code to interpret the file system.

Edit: You can probably find everything you need on a platform such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi. Just add amplifier.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  5. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    You may be looking for something like this module?
    This module can be controlled via serial interface or by pushbuttons (5 keys for 5 different sounds).

Ask a Question