Maker Pro
Maker Pro

7 Segment display pin connection

ananya

Sep 28, 2010
I got this circuit 3 phase pump water level controller from EFY website.

Cir29.gif

I tried circuit connections in PCB and its working, fine.

Since the pin connections from driver IC's to 7 segment LED display is not clear, as circled in red color in attached file. I did't connect the display.

Please help me and give the pin connections from driver IC to 7 segment display.

Attachments

• 3 phase pump water level controller for.gif
    3 phase pump water level controller for.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 3,485

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Actually they've gone one better than providing you the pin numbers, they tell you the segments. That allows you to easily use any 7 seg display.

The letters a through g refer to the segments. If you get a datasheet on the display it will tell you which pin corresponds to which segment.

Wikipedia will tell you about the segments.

If you can't find a datasheet then you can use a multimeter on a low ohms range to figure out the pinout.

ananya

Sep 28, 2010
Cir29.gif

In this circuit diagram pin connections of 7 segment display mentioned a,b,c,d,e,f,g are not clear to me, I need those notations clearly.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Actually they've gone one better than providing you the pin numbers, they tell you the segments. That allows you to easily use any 7 seg display.

The letters a through g refer to the segments. If you get a datasheet on the display it will tell you which pin corresponds to which segment.

Wikipedia will tell you about the segments.

If you can't find a datasheet then you can use a multimeter on a low ohms range to figure out the pinout.

ananya

Sep 28, 2010
Yes, I do know in general the 7 segment LED pin numbers (or alphabets)

The problem is in the circuit diagram given in the EFY website

http://www.electronicsforu.com/efylinux/circuit/Cir29.gif

In this circuit diagram pin connections of 7 segment display mentioned a,b,c,d,e,f,g are not clear to me, I need those notations clearly.

So that it will be helpful.

Thank you,

--
Arun Nehru

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Yes, I do know in general the 7 segment LED pin numbers (or alphabets)

So that it will be helpful.
Thank you,
--
Arun Nehru

Steve has told you how to work out the pin identifications :)

D