Connect with us

7 segment display help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Xrandom66X, Apr 28, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Xrandom66X

Xrandom66X

Apr 28, 2011
    I'm putting together a seven segment display for a school project. the seven segment display (with common cathode) is the one listed here.. im hooking it up with a 7448 IC listed here. there are switches for the inputs of the chip A B C and D. the outputs go through 330 ohm resistors that finally connect to the pins of the 7 segment display.

when i hook it all up, the numbers work fine except for a couple. 0 1,3,4,7,8, and 9 all display fine.

on 2, the top right segment does not light up. on 5 and 6, the bottom left segments do not light up correctly. theyre not burnt out because 1 displays correctly. im looking it over to see if i accidentally shorted something together but so far can't find anything. does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi welcome to the forums :)

please show ua the circuit you are using and mabe a good sharp photo of your project so we can see where you may have gone wrong.

Its likely to be a wiring error

Dave

3. nbw

nbw

May 8, 2011
    Check you have your A, B, C, D lines tied up correctly, and also that your 7 segment pins are correct. So, segment A is the top one, then go clockwise around the digit til you get to F at top left. G is the middle.

Ask a Question