Connect with us

600-ohm to 600-ohm line transformer

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by riviera321, Jan 31, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. riviera321

    riviera321 Guest

    I saw this type of transformer, but I could not find it anywhere,
    nobody now what is it ?

    What type of transformer is it ? How many spire do they have, which
    voltage ???

    Any information will be appreciate.


  2. These are usually used with telephone lines.

  3. Guest

    As has been pointed out, they are 1:1 transformers used for isolation.

    There's nothing magic about "600 ohm to 600 ohm".

    Get two identical audio transformers. Connect both secondary windings,
    or both primary windings, together. The two remainding windings, one
    one each transformer, are your new in/out windings.
  4. Dbowey

    Dbowey Guest

    dmb... posted, in part:
    << As has been pointed out, they are 1:1 transformers used for isolation. >>

    Where was that posted by the OP? Line transformers often have functions beyond

  5. Guest

    Michael Black Jan 31, 6:19 pm show options

    Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics
    From: (Michael Black) - Find messages by this
    Date: 1 Feb 2005 02:19:21 GMT
    Local: Mon, Jan 31 2005 6:19 pm
    Subject: Re: 600-ohm to 600-ohm line transformer
    Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show
    original | Report Abuse

    You asked this already, don't expect email when posting to a­

    They are audio transformers, for applications where isolatio­n is
    but not voltage step up or step down is needed.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day