Connect with us

6 linked leds with 6 SPMom switches control

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by mollongghip, Feb 14, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mollongghip

mollongghip

Feb 14, 2010
    Having difficulty even thinking of a way to do this, years out of electronics as a hobby.
    Looking to control 6 LEDS such that a single press on a single pole momentary switch will simultaneously extinguish any lit LED and light the LED above the switch.

Think a row of six LEDS with six switches underneath. Press button 3 and LED3 lights, any other lit LED extinguishes.

Any help appreciated, prefer discrete, however logic is OK -- definitely no microcontrollers, can do it that way but looking for simplicity.
    Thanks in advance

Brett

## Thinking about it it could be similar to a six input av switch with push buttons selecting the source -- effectively driving the led rather than passing a signal -- any takers -- I'm googling away

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Is this for some application like a "quiz button" or similar to indicate who hit the button first?

Or do you want it to indicate the last button pressed? (It seems like the latter)

Here is something I whipped up. It would probably work.

It would start up with LEDs lit randomly. If you press the button for any LED not lit, the 2 gates IC1a and IC1b which form a bistable will change state, turning on the LED. Simultaneously a pulse will reset all other bistables.

Oops, I should press the submit button I guess (having written this several hours ago :) )

Attached Files:

Ask a Question