Maker Pro
Maker Pro

555 with thyrister

in06khattab

Oct 6, 2010
Hi,

I have a problem because a switch is working as a reset switch for the solenoid as well as a tension release mechanism for the pulley. The thyristor is also triggering the 555 chip (monostable). Do you guys have a solution, please do not tell me to have 2 switches for the tension release as well as the reset for the solenoid circuit.

PLEASE SEE MY ATTACHED PICTURE AND MY VIDEO ON YOUTUBE EXPLAINING MY PROBLEM FURTHER!!

View attachment 1249

Ahmad

Attachments

• rat circuit 3.jpg
    rat circuit 3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 5,228

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
This is the second time you have posted a question multiple times.

If you do it a third time I will ban you.

Is this homework?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
please do not tell me to have 2 switches

Sorry, SW 13 needs to be 2 switches.

However, they can be actuated by the same button (i.e. DPST as opposed to SPST).

If this is homework, and you are restricted to a SPST switch then there are multiple answers (all more complex that an appropriate switch) but the one you choose is probably defined by whatever other constraints there are.

Oh, and audio on your youtube video would be so much better.

in06khattab

Oct 6, 2010
thanx

I agree audio would be better but i never had a mic. it took me ages to edit this vid.

No, this is not homework. I want to make a complex rat trap as well as learn about circuits. I think i have DPST, but can you show me how to do it. I have a program called livewire portable it you don't have it. I will attach the circuit file and livewire portable. you can use it if you don't have it. DONT WORRY THIS IS NOT A VIRUS!!

BTW, Have u deleted my attachment??

Here us a link to LIVEWIRE portable (the program where i made my circuit) https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx...MmJhMC00Y2RiLWJlOTQtNWQxMTlkMTk1NzVi&hl=en_GB

Here is the link to my circuit. you need livewire open first: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx...YzhhNy00YjNmLWJjNjItNDZmMWRmMjY0NGY1&hl=en_GB

Ahmad

Attachments

• rat circuit 3.jpg
    rat circuit 3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 437

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
No need for all that. And there are some attachments you can't attach -- I didn't delete it.

DPST means 2 independent switches. Place one across the SCR, and the other across the capacitor for the 555.

in06khattab

Oct 6, 2010
What is an SCR. can you please download livewire and download the circuit file to actually see the circuit simulation and then you can edit the simulation and then save it and then send it to me via email. I will PM you my email.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
An SCR is the device you are using in that circuit.

No, I won't download and simulate your circuit. Isn't it enough that I've given you the answer?

in06khattab

Oct 6, 2010
Canged

Hi,

Is this what you mean?

rat%20circuit%204.jpg

Ahmad

in06khattab

Oct 6, 2010
Also, i think you meant a thyristor. BTW, I forgot to say this in the first post, but, there are captions, go to the video again, and press the captions button as shown in this picture.
youtube%20captions.jpg

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Also, i think you meant a thyristor.

No, I meant SCR.

A thyristor is a generic term that may include such devices as:

SCR, ASCR, RCT, LASCR, BOD, Shockley diode, Dynistor, DIAC, SIDAC, TRIAC, BCT, GTO, IGCT, MA-GTO, DB-GTO, MCT, BRT, SITh, LASS, AGT, PUT or SCS

These are according to Wikipedia, and I admit there's more there than I would have expected.

I am pretty sure your circuit uses an SCR. If not, then please tell me what it is. The symbol you're using is a little unusual, however several others you're using are likewise unusual. I suspected it is just that the software you're using does not use standard symbols.