Connect with us

555 Timer Issue Using Tina Pro 8, invalid floating point

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Soundshark, Nov 25, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Soundshark

Soundshark

Nov 25, 2010
    Hi im having some problems i hope someone can help

Building a simple alarm as part of my practical exam i have all the digital side working great but for some reason i canot get a simple astable 555 time circuit to run im using tine pro 8 could someone please look at the 555 design and tell me if they think its me or the software

thanks in advance
    Anthony

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/715/faill.png <<<<screenshot

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    From a brief look, it seems correct.

This page has an almost identical circuit.

[​IMG]

3. LTX71CM

LTX71CM

May 23, 2010
    The connection to pin three is a bit suspect, that's the output pin. Your cap is not connected with a numbered square like the other 555 connections, maybe that's upsetting your software ( no idea what you're using...). Where's the connection to pin 7? I think you should start from scratch, use the schematic posted by (*steve*) as a guide, that's about the most basic 555 hook up and it works.

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I assumes that the numbered connections were something to do with points monitored. If you notice, there are some that are independent of the 555.

The labels seem correct. (but I am willing to be corrected)

"invalid floating point" is generally an error associated with entering a number incorrectly. If you haven't, then it may be a bug.

5. LTX71CM

LTX71CM

May 23, 2010
    After a double check you look to be correct. You're also probably correct if it really is a "Floating Point Error".

The error in the picture is "Operating Point Not Found" though, I wonder if the OP missed a pin with one of his probes.

Ask a Question