Connect with us

555 Based Transformer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Mr Ed, Mar 19, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mr Ed

    Mr Ed

    Oct 6, 2017
    The circuit attached is for a flyback transformer. Could somebody suggest how I would convert it to an ordinary transformer? I have to create an AC waveform from a pulsed DC waveform so probably an appropriate capacitor might do the job. Also any other suggestions would be welcome.

    Attached Files:

  2. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    Yeah, just use a regular transformer.

    And place the diode across the transformer rather than across the MOSFET. It will help stop you coupling noise into the power supply.
  3. Mr Ed

    Mr Ed

    Oct 6, 2017
    Any suggestions on how I might calculate the cap size to convert the circuit to AC?
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day