Connect with us

50s/60s Transistor Identification

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by GST_Greg, Jul 28, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. GST_Greg

GST_Greg

Jul 28, 2014
    Found this site looking up info on 50's - 60's transistors and thought i'd see if anyone
    has any information on a part I've yet to ident..
    A couple of people said it may be an old Transformer??
    Any help would be appreciated!!

Attached Files:

2. tpajet

tpajet

May 29, 2014
    Not sure, but for parts of that era, you might also try AntiqueRadios.com. It's another forum that I belong to that is all about old radios, but this would be something that I'm sure you would get an answer on rather quickly.

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I'm of that era, but the part number doesn't ring a bell with me.
    The pin-outs are numbered one thru eight, which would indeed indicate a transformer to me. But encapsulated components, especially military parts were common back then.
    Do you have an ohmeter? You can check for resistance measurements to see if there are transformer windings inside (very low resistance measurements).
    It IS possible, though unlikely, that it may have been a special-purpose part, encapsulating something else.
    Good luck with the search.

4. GST_Greg

GST_Greg

Jul 28, 2014
    Thanks!!
    I've not put a meter on one of them yet.. I may have to cut into one and see whats inside :)
    Thanks again!!

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You could try measuring the resistance between pairs of leads. If you find low resistances between 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8, and high resistance elsewhere then it is likely a transformer.

Even if it differs from this a little it still may be a transformer, just with more complex windings.

Damn, originally typed about 24 hours ago, but I forgot to hit the post button.

6. ramussons

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
    If it's from a communication equipment, it's very likely to be a "Hybrid" - 2 wire to 4 wire conversion.

Ramesh

7. GST_Greg

GST_Greg

Jul 28, 2014
    I'm going to check it with the meter and see if I can get any readings from it.

Ask a Question