Connect with us

50 Khz Current amplifier

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by maxwell_35, Jun 11, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. maxwell_35

maxwell_35

Jun 11, 2013
    I want to build up a circuit which will take the input from signal generator (sin wave 50 kHZ 20V), as known the output current of signal genarator is so less like 10uA, but I have to increase up to 10A; So the output power of circuit has to be in the range of 200VA (50 kHz); I have found push pull amplifier which is based on one npn and one pnp BJT, but have not manage to buld up the model in Pspice, if anyone knows any idea and also which BJTs can I use please help... thanks..

2. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    You want to amplify a 50 kHz sinewave and generate a bipolar current proportional to the waveform with peaks of +10A and -10A? And from your comment about 200 VA, you want an output compliance of about +/- 10V? That's quite a project... You can probably use a pair of complementary current sources... You will need some way to correct for output voltage drift over time so the output voltage always remains centered. Can you describe the purpose of this? What are you planning to drive with this 50 kHz bipolar sinewave current? Give us all the information you can.

3. maxwell_35

maxwell_35

Jun 11, 2013
    your are right what about I want to get, with amplitude 10 A 50kHZ sine wave; 20V or 40V stable output voltage; in this this is a part of project, the signal is supposed to be input of high frequency TR; and than a push pull converter will come; I have found a circuit which is named as push pull amplifier but it seems really difficult to generate a signal on that level with BJT; what about MOSFET? any idea please? thanks

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    you didnt answer Kris's question...

"Can you describe the purpose of this? What are you planning to drive with this 50 kHz bipolar sinewave current? Give us all the information you can. "

dave

5. maxwell_35

maxwell_35

Jun 11, 2013
    As I said, the signal is wanted for a high frequency Transformer and after Transformer a push pull converter will come I don't know any thing else about this projects, thanks...

6. KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
    If you have no idea what the waveform will be used for, it's a waste of time for anyone to try to advise you.

This is not some simple "car light delay timer" project! When you use terms like 50 kHz sinewave, 200VA and push-pull converter, you have to be more specific about what you're trying to do. Otherwise we could go back and forwards for dozens of posts without getting anywhere.

7. maxwell_35

maxwell_35

Jun 11, 2013

Thanks...

8. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    your response beat me to it Kris

maxwell ....
    if you dont know ... how do you expect anyone else to know ?

sorry to sound harsh.... but understand, we are not mind readers ;)

Dave

9. KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
    Exactly right Dave.

I've seen many threads go on for ten, 20, 30 or more posts before the OP even explains the purpose of the project. It is a complete waste of time, and IMO, an insult to the nice folks here who are just trying to help.

In some cases, the OP seems to exhibit some kind of paranoia about his brilliant new idea being stolen. In that case my response is "pay someone to sign a non-disclosure agreement and do the work for you". In this case, if the OP doesn't even know what the project is all about, my response is "find out, otherwise no one here, not even you, will be able to solve it!"

10. maxwell_35

maxwell_35

Jun 11, 2013
    really I don't know the main reason that is a HI_WI I get from institute
    but I respect really and don't mind
    when I find the answer, gladly will share here:)

11. KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
    What is a HI_WI?

OK, you don't know what the project is for. SOMEONE there knows what it's all about, right?. Tell that person that you need to know a lot more about the project, otherwise you can't do anything.

Ask a Question