Connect with us

5 second time delay pulse

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by pyross, Dec 15, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. pyross

pyross

Dec 15, 2013
    Hello, I have very little experience with electronics and constructing circuits, and i am trying to create a small circuit which will light 4 LED's and play a sound for about half a second after a 5 second delay, and right now i have no idea how to set up this circuit.

I was thinking that i could use a 555 timer but again i have no real experience with circuits so i'm not sure if there would be better alternatives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. mursal

mursal

Dec 13, 2013
    Do you want to trigger it from a switch and then wait 5 seconds, or do you want it to toggle, on for half a second and off for five, then back on etc?

3. pyross

pyross

Dec 15, 2013
    I just want to trigger it from a switch and have the LED's pulse once only

4. mursal

mursal

Dec 13, 2013
    This link will get you started Click

Although you need off instead of on for 5 seconds .....................

555's from the beginning Click

5. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    If you need more guidance, have a look at the design I posted in post #5 on this thread:

https://www.electronicspoint.com/want-build-2-event-delay-timer-controller-t256873.html

The design uses a 556, which is a dual 555. The first half is used for the initial delay, and the second half generates the pulse at the end of the delay.

His application is similar to yours, but with the addition of a relay that activates during the delay, which you don't need. The description of the design in post #5 should make it clear what part does what, so you can remove the parts you don't need.

6. pyross

pyross

Dec 15, 2013
    thanks for the help :)

Ask a Question