Maker Pro
Maker Pro

470 ohm 1 % Blue resistor HEEELP!!!

Orcadian

Aug 19, 2013
Hi . So i have this active subwoofer that i bought used for my home theater system..i plugged it in my reciever and wooow what a dissapointment..it didnt work as it should have:( So i opened up my subwoofer amp (plate amp or whatever) and saw that one resistor was totally melted..and some of the transistors had blackening under them ..Well so my problem is i can't seem to find a new resistor like the one i need anywere:(:(

Does anyone have one? Its a 470 ohm 1 % Blue resistor with color code:

Yellow, violet, black, black, brown.

Or if anyone has any idea on how i can fix this with another resistor or something then that would be awsome! I reaaaally want to fix this sub-amp:(

I will appreciate all the help and/or guidance you people can give me!! :):):)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The cause of the failure is probably not the resistor, it is just a symptom.

Perhaps you can post some photos and try to find a service manual. Do you know the exact model number of this device?

Orcadian

Aug 19, 2013
Proson

The cause of the failure is probably not the resistor, it is just a symptom.

Perhaps you can post some photos and try to find a service manual. Do you know the exact model number of this device?

Its a Proson ps-120B like this,,I have talked to Proson because service manual links didnt work..but they do now..the only problem is that it doesnt match whats inside my amp.

http://proson.se/index.php3?pageid=135

I can't take pics right now but will try a little later.:)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
In what way doesn't it match?

Orcadian

Aug 19, 2013
everything

In what way doesn't it match?

Everything on the diagram for my amp dont match the components inside my amp. Don't no why..But With that said..I got Proson to send me a New service manual..but Guess what..that one didnt match either-.- So im completely without a service manual..so i have to fix my amp totally manually..its sucks..But the subwoofer fires up and everything..but you can hear a high buzzing noise..and the amp is not playing as it should although it is actually playing. My first suspicion would of course be that there is something wrong in the power section..but i couldnt see any damaged Components. I will take some pics tomorrow..

Sorry for my bad English btw..