Maker Pro
Maker Pro

4687n746 unknown transistor need datasheet

sleepysnail

Nov 3, 2013
Hello, I have a 4687N746 Transistor in a TO-92A package that Im trying to find a datasheet for. Its pins are labled E B C so that helps and I could probably plug it into my meter and figure out if its a npn or pnp but I realy need a datasheet to give me enough details as to how to staturate it, what the limits are and the hfe. Thats prity much all I need to use them in my circuit.

Has anyone seen such a part number, I have been searching transistor cross reference sites for combinations of that part number. Unsure what the manufacture is as there is not any symbols, not even sure if part of the numbers , perhaps the 4687 represent a date or serial. I have had these in my parts bin for some time.

Is there a way I could safely saturate this thing maybe by assuming some hfe maybe of 35 and vce.

sleepysnail

Nov 3, 2013
I tested the leads wtih my meter and found it to be a PNP type, unsure if its silicon or germanium so I built the following circuit and measured 2mA on the base and 18mA on the collector, my led turns on so the Rs is working, unsure if its safe to disconnect Rs and the LED and measure with my meter from collector to ground for current, so that I can calculate with hfe=ic/ib ?
dt75.jpg