Maker Pro
Maker Pro

.45 volt supply

AbiTx

Jan 6, 2015
I have always had trouble designing circuits and have been unsuccessfully playing around with trying to get a 1.5 volt cell down to 0.45 volts. I could use a 9v also and 13.8v which would be best. Any circuits available for this? The 0.45 v will be used in a car.

Thanks.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Is this 0.45v to be used as a signal i.e. small current or just what current is expected to be drawn?

AbiTx

Jan 6, 2015
The max voltage is .9, minimal current. It is a voltage of 0 - 0.9 volts that is watched by the car computer in order to make certain adjustments to the engine. 0.45 is the optimum voltage needed.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
If the current is "minimal" (never seen this range on a mulitimeter...however) if minimal then use a pot.
Where do you get the 1.5v from?
If your supply to this sense voltage is anything other than some type of regulator then the voltage is going to drift.
Need more info on how you propose to set this up.
Maybe a drawing of your circuit and origin of supply etc.
Crystal ball gets foggy sometimes.

AbiTx

Jan 6, 2015
The origin supply is the truck's oxygen sensor that puts out 0 to 0.9 volts. The center of this span, 0.45 volts is what I need so that I can inject 0.45 volts directly into the sensor wire that goes to the computer from the oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor will be disconnected so that no voltage will be inject from it to the computer. This has to do with a hydrogen generator system that has been installed on a truck. Due to the lack of oxygen now coming out of the engine because the hydrogen is causing the oxygen to be completely burned, the oxygen sensor is causing the engine to greatly enrich the fuel mixture, negating the fuel mileage increase (in fact the mileage has dropped). I need to override the oxygen sensor's voltage by replacing it with the optimal 0.45 volts.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Firstly your oxygen sensor output is a sensor input to the ECU not a "origin supply".

Think you need to learn a bit more about what things do in the engine as your explanation is way off.

Secondly, bypassing these devices can get you into a lot of trouble with authorities.

I could tell you how to go about it but I think i will pass given the aformentioned.

AbiTx

Jan 6, 2015
Well, I can go another route and just increase the hydrogen whereby the oxygen sensor's mixture increase doesn't make any difference. There is also a circuit somewhere on the web showing how to do this, if I can find it. The omissions from a car with a hydrogen generator are minuscule, whereas they are 70% unburned gas that comes out of non-hydrogen engines.

As far as "bypassing these devices can get you into a lot of trouble with authorities", "you need to learn a bit more about what" the laws state concerning engine modification before accusing me of being a scofflaw. I kind of thought that I shouldn't have been that forthcoming in explaining my need. Everyone wants to be a bureaucrat these days.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You are wasting your time on something that is dangerous and will never work. The extra energy you get from the hydrogen is always less than what it takes to create the hydrogen. Because the laws of physics, unlike the laws of the state, cannot be violated.

Bob