Connect with us

42MF231D/17 Tv Repair

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by HipMusic man, Jul 8, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. HipMusic man

HipMusic man

Jul 8, 2013
    this magnavox tv has started to cause me some troubles. there aren't any noticeable problems with the capacitors and the 3 fuses are fine. it has sound but no picture. i've read on another website someone else had the same issue as me and found out it was the z board that wasn't working for some reason. they tested it by feeling how hot the heat sinks were on both boards. however they va voltage on that page read out to be 70DC and mine only puts out 15DC from the power board. then again his tv was manufactured in 2007; mine in 2006. im going to recheck the temps of the heat sinks again but should the voltage be 70DC?

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Make sure you're reading the voltage from a correct ground for that circuit.

3. HipMusic man

HipMusic man

Jul 8, 2013
    tried grounding on one of the ground wires in the same plug as well as the case and still only 15. could it be a trimmer?

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Simply adjusting a trimmer is not going to solve your problem, no trimmer just goes
    out of alignment like that by itself.
    Anytime you've got no picture, you've got a serious problem.
    I don't have a schematic, but if you're serious about repairing this, you need one.
    Without a schematic, no one knows if you should be reading 15V or 70V at a particular
    test point.
    If you're on the right track from the information you looked-up so far, someone suggests
    a 'z board' board problem. That could be the problem, or your 'z board' may be getting
    an incorrect voltage because of a power supply problem not outputting the correct
    voltage.
    This is why schematics are valuable.
    It's difficult to guess about things like this, without accurate test-point reading values.

Ask a Question