Connect with us

4000 Hz Audio Transducer

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by tari, Aug 8, 2009.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tari

tari

Aug 8, 2009
    Hi all..

I've recently purchased a small audio transducer (Starmicronics NFT-03A) that I was expecting it to emit 4 kHz tone when 3V potential is applied to its terminals. Well, at least its datasheet seems to say so.

I want to use it as a beeper. I tried every way but couldn't make it sound.

Could anyone of you kindly see the following link to tell me whether I need to try something else..?

starmicronics.com/audio_components/audio/AudioDescription.aspx?PageId=8&PrinterId=36

P.S.: Please excuse my poor English and amateurish question.

2. tron-ee

tron-ee

Sep 11, 2009
    Hello Tari,

Ok....I visited the website you cited, as best as I can discern, the model you selected, 'NFT-03A', DOES NOT CONTAIN the internal drive logic, and therefore, just supplying 3.0 volts will not cause the sounder to emit 4,000 Hz tone, to do so, you need to add external components. There are other models which do contain the internal circuitry, (HMB-06) and for those, all you need do is supply power to cause the sounder to emit a tone.

Or..you could, using the part you have, add an LM555 timer chip or take a spare IO pin from a PIC/Atmel microprocessor to drive it with a do-nothing loop.

tron

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
Ask a Question