Maker Pro
Maker Pro

3d printing

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
hey guys
I was wondering if anyone had a 3d printer and could help me make one. I see reprap has all the designs and that's cool but I want one about 3 times bigger than the ones they use.
the reason I am posting here is it comes down to programming and electronics as I guess that if I make it bigger then the code has to change and possibly the components but don't know where to start.
all the frame I can simply make 3 times bigger but the other side is not something I am finding easy to do.
I am trying to make a model that can do a torso in 1 print. any help on doing this cheaply (not 1500 +) will be greatly appreciated.
also I have 2 raspberry pi's and am hoping later to incorporate them with a gui to select the model you want to print and then it prints it from usb.... but that's for another time

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
See if there's a hacker space near you. They quite often have 3D printers and people who can help you use them for the cost of consumables and either membership or a daily fee.

They may be able to give you advice. Often you can make larger things in parts that clip together.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
thanks steve. trying to make one at home to do stuff when I want to. that way I pay a lot less then paying people to do it for me