Connect with us

3D Printer Thread

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Ian, Apr 18, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Rixen

Rixen

Feb 16, 2016
    I was genuinely concerned when I saw the print time in Cura, I wasn't sure if the printer was up to something like that, if something went wrong, and all that filament potentially down the drain..

I checked up on it occasionally, but it just printed like a champ and my concern was put to shame. :)

Ian likes this.
  2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    But if I bought a machine for its 3D printing capability, it would be nice if I could also use it for making PCBs. What is 3D printing, but laying down 2D layer over 2D layer?

I would be looking at using a different type of nozzle., of course. Although, using plastic filament with a narrower nozzle, assuming they exist might also work, if I could get the PLA to stick to the PCB. The standard nozzles seem to be 0.4mm, which seems a little large, I would want about 1/2 that.

Bob

3. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    I see where you're coming from..... getting the most from such a competent printing device is good sense. I missed your line of thought.

4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Yep, always go for the twofer when you can :)

Bob

5. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    If only I had the space to set one up...
    Seems Santa has to bring a new appartment first ;)

Ian likes this.
  6. Irv

Irv

Jun 7, 2017
    There appear to be several different ways to make pc boards with 3D printers
    e.g.
    I'm thinking that the resolution isn't good enough for modern boards, but ok for simple projects.

Ian likes this.
Ask a Question