Connect with us

350-450 Hertz at 120 V

Wanted: Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by colum, Feb 15, 2021.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. colum


    Jul 25, 2013
    I need a 350 to 450 Hz variable at 120 v to drive small motors and Hz meters probably about 15 watts. this is to test old military meters only to see if they are working....Thanks...Jeff±±
  2. Harald Kapp

    Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

    Nov 17, 2011
    Use a signal generator with power amplifier and a transformer in reverse.
    The signal generator generates the signal with the required frequency.
    The power amplifier supplies the necessary power. An inexpensive 20 W mono amplifier should suffice.
    The transformer is used to generate the 120 V from the amplifier's lower output voltage. The transformer needs to be matched to the output voltage of the amplifier. If, for example, the amplifier is rated at 20 W into 4 Ω it will supply ~ 9 V. The transformer would have to be a 9 V / 120 V transformer (or 120 V / 9 V in reverse).
    When you use a sinusoidal signal that should be all.
    If you use a square signal for higher efficiency, protective measures across the amplifier's output will be required to suppress the amplifier from the transformers flyback voltage when the current through the 9 V coil is turned off.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day