Maker Pro
Maker Pro

3 wire proximity sensor

carpman

Nov 15, 2014
board.jpg sensor.jpg hi all
i have been trying to figure out how i wire this sensor to a relay so it will operate a pneumatic solenoid.
The sensor is npn so ive worked out it goes in the negative path of the circuit but ive no idea where all the wires connect to the relay board.
The solenoid has just 2 wires and opens when power is supplied from a battery, all components are 12v dc.
The application is for a boilie making machine, when the sensor is triggered it needs to open the solenoid to move the air cylinder.
Any help is much appreciated, i have included pics of the sensor and relay board.
Thanks in advance.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Do you have a part number and/or a datasheet for the proximity detector?

carpman

Nov 15, 2014
hi Steve
unfortunately i dont have a datasheet, i ordered it from china and all it came with was the box it was in the number on it is ljc30a3hzbx. I know its a npn normally open sensor. Hope this helps?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, I'm a little familiar with these (generically). The output is open collector. Presuming that it can sink sufficient current, a relay can be placed between the open collector output and the positive supply. A catch diode would be required to protect the transistor from voltage spikes as the relay is turned off.