Connect with us

3 position sub-mini slide switch

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by calin666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. calin666

calin666

Nov 6, 2011
    I am trying to find a 3 position sub-mini slide switch similar to this one at Radio Shack: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062492
    But I need it to have a three position switch to control three different circuits.
    Anybody know where I can get something like that?
    I checked the only site I really know, www.jameco.com and couldn't find what I was looking for.
    Size is an issue, and it needs to be as close as possible to that size, sub-mini.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    So you want each position to turn on a different circuit (or something like that)?

Something like this?

you can search digikey for slide switches, then look at anything with a 3T (SP3T, DP3T, 3P3T, ...) in the type, and probably "on-on-on" unless you want momentary contacts. I then looked at panel mounting because your example is panel mounted.

The one I selected was the first of maybe a hundred or so that had a picture.

3. calin666

calin666

Nov 6, 2011
    That looks perfect. Only problem I see with it is that no dimensions of the switch are shown. I might order one just to see what the thing looks like.
    Thank you very much!

4. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Click on the datasheet reference on the page I gave you. It lists all the technical specifications. I suspect it is too large.

Follow the procedure I gave you to search for similar switches and find one that is the correct size.

BTW to select more than one value in a box in the parametric search, use ctrl to select one at a time or shift to select a range -- same as for many things in windows.

5. skar02

skar02

Jan 25, 2018
    Just a quick question:
    I am using this switch(The one from radioshack) for a hovercraft design. However we could not install it. Can anyone give us step by step information or a video to know how we can install it.

Any Help is appreciated

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    None of the links really work any more so your going to have to provide your own link to the switch.

Ask a Question