Connect with us

3-phase PWM

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by skenn_ie, May 2, 2017.

1. skenn_ie

skenn_ie

Sep 7, 2009
    Does anyone know of a chip that generates a multi-phase (interleaved) PWM, with the PWM controlled via SPI/I2C/CAN or other serial interface ? I want to build a multi-phase flyback converter to dump energy across 3 isolation transformers (common output). Multiphase to reduce input current ripple for a higher power application. Ideally, this device should have 2 ADC channels readable via the serial port. I will have to code for a PIC if I can't find an off the shelf device.

2. Joosh

Joosh

Feb 25, 2017
    Think an arduino could possibly do what you are after. Google "sinusoidal pulse width modulation arduino" and have a look at:

It can communicate via serial and can also monitor analog and digital channels. The boards are inexpensive if bought from China. There is also a large community following, that may be able to point you to a suitable program which has already been written or help to write your own.

Josh

Ask a Question