Connect with us

2N4917 equivalent

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by FrancoisL, May 20, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. FrancoisL

FrancoisL

May 20, 2018
    Hi,

Total newbie here.

I am trying to duplicate a old bandpass filter circuit. The schematic call for a couple of transistor #2N4917. I am usually buying from Mouser Canada or Digikey Canada, but neither have this transistor, probably because it's too old. Trying to find an equivalent leads to nowhere as everything that appeared to be equivalent was also not available.

Being clueless I ordered some 2N4058 instead base on some similarity of the data sheets. But I am sure a more adequate replacement exist. Any suggestion? Ideally something I could put on my next Mouser order...

Also, the schematic ask for some diodes, but this time no number is provided. The only instructions for the diodes is "low capacitance switching diode 1pF". Again I could not find any diode with such a low capacitance. I decided to order some 1N4448, with a capacitance of 2pF. Anyone has a better suggestion ?

Finally this will be a hand made circuits, so I need components with leads, no surface mount!

Thank you in advance.

François

2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Got a schematic?

The transistor is a plain old PNP silicon and any low power device will suffice i.e. BC557, 2N3906, BC327 etc.

I doubt the diode requirement will be more than what a 1N4148 can deal with either - a schematic would confirm.

hevans1944 likes this.
  3. FrancoisL

FrancoisL

May 20, 2018
    Thank you kellys_eye. I will put together the circuit using your suggested transistors and see how it goes. I would post the schematic but I am not sure if I can due to IP concerns. Although I must admit this is a really old blueprint.

François

Ask a Question