Connect with us

26 way socket

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by duke37, Sep 13, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    I have been given a Protimeter Digital Grainmaster to repair. This has a socket to take a calibration card for various grains. The unit was dropped, but nobody dropped it! The calibration card has split the socket and I wish to replace it but cannot find another. It is a 26 way with concacts on a 2.54mm pitch in two rows. Wires come out the back at right angles. The replacment needs to be of similar size since the case clips it in.
    It is marked 6074 LCO LE/VF.
    I have Googled but am still in the goo.

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    OK, it looks like a fairly simple 0.1 inch spacing edge connector.

The trick will be the right angle mounting, and the fact that almost nobody uses 0.1 inch spacing any more :(

As a temporary measure you may be able to wrap a cable tie around the connector.

If the placement of the connector is critical, you may have some fun if you can't find an exact replacement. Otherwise, if you have room to move, you may be able to make a small daugherboard.

Maybe the combination of a straight connector and a right angle header could do the trick?

3. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks for the reply Steve.

I have loked at all the usual suspects (suppliers) with no success. A friend of mine said 'Ah yes, we used those many years ago'.
    The makers of the meter was sold (to GE) and the company who took over the bits do not have any sockets or main boards. The current meters do not have a calibration board, the data is held internally.

The size is critical since the lid clips over it.

I think I have two alternatives:-
    1. Remove and epoxy the two halves together.
    2. Remove and solder a cable from main board to calibration board and use sticky tape to hold them together (messy). Calibration corrections would need to be determined when testing different grains.

Harvest is about finished here so I have time to get it going, I must get it rigtht since my nephew learned how to do the job properly in Australia, there was no problem with moist grain there.

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    A quick bit of searching revealed that Digikey has a number of possible parts.

Here is one.

I started by searching for "edge connector", then choosing In Stock, female, 0.1 inch spacing, 26 way.

I don't think any one of them is exact, but maybe something is close enough.

Moist grain! Can you harvest that?

5. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Moist is all relative. It has been fairly dry most of this harvest and the grain has been 16% or so. This will keep for a short while. For long term storage it is necessary to go below 14% or store in a sealed silo to restrict oxygen. In poor conditions the grain can be up to 20% and the combine can get clogged with rubbish.Grain drying is expensive and it is better to sell water! I believe that 16% is necessary for producing flour.

I used to take some of my holiday to help with the harvest. It is very satistying to look at a cleared field and think that you did that. It is very frustrating when the weather is fine and rain is forecast and you are attacking the combine with a big hammer.

Thanks for the Digikey reference, I will have a good look at that.

Ask a Question