Maker Pro
Maker Pro

24 X 6 Matrix Display

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
any standard LED's should be fine, so yes those will work fine, price is good too, LED's are pretty cheap, 4 bucks for 100 is $.25 apiece not bad at all

NOTE: youre going to need a separate power supply for the Arduino and the LED's (LED's operate on about 3.5 volts, Arduino needs 7-10 volts) and the one for the LED's should be somewhere around or above 5 Amps (30mA per LED, 144 LED's = 4.3 Amps)

You will also want to get resistors for the LED's, 220's would do fine, or for a little brighter you can use 150's

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
I was finding the exact same LEDs like in the instructable file. But cant find it.

Anyone found it ?

Thank you

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
any standard LED's should be fine, so yes those will work fine, price is good too, LED's are pretty cheap, 4 bucks for 100 is $.25 apiece not bad at all

NOTE: youre going to need a separate power supply for the Arduino and the LED's (LED's operate on about 3.5 volts, Arduino needs 7-10 volts) and the one for the LED's should be somewhere around or above 5 Amps (30mA per LED, 144 LED's = 4.3 Amps)

You will also want to get resistors for the LED's, 220's would do fine, or for a little brighter you can use 150's

I mean will make the word looks good when display ? diffused LEDs ?

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
I mean will make the word looks good when display ? diffused LEDs ?

They should, so long as they are bright enough, if you put a dark background behind them it should stand out more when they are on vs. off

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
They should, so long as they are bright enough, if you put a dark background behind them it should stand out more when they are on vs. off

Have any recomendation for white lens diffused LEDs but blue in colour like in the instructable file ?

Thank you

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I looked at most of my wholesalers most of them carry the blue frosted and crystal clear... I do have a few sources for the white frosted but they are full 'retail' price sources so you will be paying quite a bit more, IMO not worth it... But if you want let me know and I will post them up...

Another way to get real nice contrast on these type of displays is to put them behind a sheet of tinted or smoked acrylic, or even behind a one way mirror ;)

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
I looked at most of my wholesalers most of them carry the blue frosted and crystal clear... I do have a few sources for the white frosted but they are full 'retail' price sources so you will be paying quite a bit more, IMO not worth it... But if you want let me know and I will post them up...

Another way to get real nice contrast on these type of displays is to put them behind a sheet of tinted or smoked acrylic, or even behind a one way mirror ;)

why it will be more expensive ? ebay ? Let me have a look .Thank you.If expensive, then will buy what I posted just now.