Connect with us

208V to 208/120 transformer

Discussion in 'Electrical Engineering' started by [email protected], Dec 21, 2009.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    You get 208 volts coming in via an L6-XXP plug. Output is an isolated
    120/208 volt split phase. So how would this be done?

    One possible idea is:

    |<------- 208V input ------->|
    | |
    * *
    /\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\
    * * * * *
    | | | | |
    A B C D E

    A-C = 120V
    C-E = 120V
    B-D = 208V
    A-E = 240V

    C might even be bonded to ground.

    Another possibility is that it is not really 120/208, but some compromise
    voltage like 112/224 output (so they don't have so many transformer taps).

    How would I be able to determine exactly what they are doing? They do not
    seem to provide schematics for anything.
  2. krw

    krw Guest

    Actually, it may well be relevant. 208V output may only be available
    with 208V input. IOW, only a center tap on the secondary (no
    connections B&D).

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day