Connect with us


Discussion in 'Hobby Electronics' started by h e a d c a v e r, Jul 26, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. I need a pair of 200mfd Electrolytic power supply caps for a restoration of
    an old tube amp.

    says: 200MFD 180W V on them

    Anyone know where i can get them?
  2. Lord Garth

    Lord Garth Guest

    Doubtful the capacitance is that critical. My switching power supply has a
    of 470mfd at 200 volts.
  3. Phil Allison

    Phil Allison Guest

  4. Phil Allison

    Phil Allison Guest

    "h e a d c a v e r"

    ** Goldentone ?

    Maton ?

    ......... Phil
  5. Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    WES Components have 220uF 200V 105degC caps for $4.50 (trade), code
    220HSW200. Dimensions 22x25.


    Ph (02) 9797-9866

    - Franc Zabkar
  6. Phil Allison

    Phil Allison Guest

    "Franc Zabkar"

    ** Radial leaded - not "can type".

    ......... Phil
  7. ** Goldentone ?
    Nup. I have a single tube (ax7 & el34) champ type goldentone that sounds
    horrible. Makes any guitar sound out of tune somehow... (apparantly, there
    are scientific theories on this phenomena.. maybe the filter caps are bad
    producing weird freaky harmonics)
    One day I'll restore & improve it, but for now i'm staying away from single
    tube amps...

    This amp i'm currently tweaking is an encel push-pull ax7 & el84 tube hifi
    amp. It was nasty for a stereo amp... Really cheap caps all the way
    through... One day i'm cleaning the shed thinking of hurling the damn thing
    over the fence and i decided to give it a go as a guitar amp. PRESTO! Sounds
    like a JCM800..
    I have matched it to an 80's gauss speaker. It's my favorite amp right now,
    and it cost $25!
    I want to replace the power caps to hopefully remove the slight blunt
    "piano" effect at low volumes.

    Speaking of australian tube amps, i have a "fisonic" fender-twin clone..
    Wierd tone stack on this one - the treble pot also serves as a gain stage..
    so you get treble and distorion together! Australian amps were often knocked
    together in suburban backyards using cheap components. Even worse, they
    always tend to be in need of transformer replacement, at least the ones i've
    aquired have...

    Anyway.. I'm trying to build a jcm800. Anyone know where i can get a
    pre-punched chassis locally??
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day