Connect with us

179ej65 Datasheet

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by RAS, Aug 24, 2011.

1. RAS

RAS

Aug 24, 2011
    Hello,
    I have an Intermatic EJ343 3-way in wall timer that I replaced recently with a nicer digital one. The old one worked OK when it was installed, but I had a question about an IC inside. The top line is marked 179EJ65, while the bottom line is SUN9532. I assume the top is the part number, and a Google search turns up Chinese suppliers with that part number, but no datasheets. I was wondering if anybody had heard of this component, or could provide some insight. It appears to be a central controller for the timer, but any information you have would be appreciated. It is a 14 pin DIP. Thank you very much,
    Riley.

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi RAS
    welcome to the forums :)

I cant help you on that one, you have struck the common problem when trying to find data sheets.
    have you tried the manufacturer ? on rare occassiona they are willing to help
    Just noticed that no one had responded didnt want you yo think you were being ignored :)

good luck

cheers
    Dave

3. RAS

RAS

Aug 24, 2011
    Thank you so much for your fast reply! I do see the problem with an IC that turns up nothing on the internet, and has an obscure number. I also noticed the lack of a crystal, so this IC probably relies on counting AC pulses as the timebase. I thought it could be neat to make a low voltage AC timer to control various items. Other timers that I have seen for use with 120VAC have a crystal and a 5VDC step down/low voltage timer circuit inside that can be reused. (This seems common in coffee pots). SUN could be a lead to a manufacturer, it is stamped on the bottom line. Other that that, no other logos or MFG. markings were there. If you find out anything, please let me know, and thank you so much for your time!
    -Riley

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    The thing is it could well be a very common IC but that number you are seeing could relate to some specific manufacturing code when that IC is made and supplied to a specific client
    this is common practice IBM, Tektronix and many other companies get their own part number code on the chip instead of the actual chip type number.

cheers
    Dave

Ask a Question