Connect with us

12Watt circular fluorescent in UK

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Alex, Jun 2, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Alex

    Alex Guest

    I hope you specialists can help me.

    Here in the UK I have a magnifying table lamp at home with built-in

    It uses a 12 Watt circular fluorescent bulb (outer diameter 12cm, inner
    diameter 10cm). The bulb has some sleeving with the pins on the very
    outermost part - if you see what I mean.

    I am having a bit if trouble locating this as most circular fluorescents
    I come across seem to be rated at a higher higher power.

    Is there a standard ref number for this bulb which I can use to search?

    Or does anyone know where, in the UK, I can get this?
  2. Would it be this...
  3. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Yes sir. Thank you!

    I bought the lamp several years ago from Maplin and at the time they
    listed spare bulbs in their catalogue.

    However in all that time Maplin have never stocked a replacement bulb
    which is annoying and inconvenient.

    Isn't there some UK regulation about making spare parts or consumables
    available for a minimum period of time?
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day