Maker Pro
Maker Pro

12V Programmable Relay - Help please :)

Buono97

Dec 23, 2015
Hey guys,

I need to make a decision on what type of relay I should buy.

The Situation(can skip if you like):

I work for a company and our main task is to measure the amount of water coming off cane farms from watering their crops. We also need to take samples throughout the event to measure the amount of nitrate and other chemical substances within the water. Once we have an overall value over a certain period of time and some lab analysis readings we can calculate the amount of baddies going into our water ways and The Great Barrier Reef.

The Problem:

We have a programmable 12v relay from TECO that we have purchased and know is working. It is valued at $104. When the float switch is raised (water level gets to a certain height, meaning event is happening) it sends a signal to the relay "input 1", the relay then is programmed to tell "output 1" (pump) to turn on for 5 seconds every 60 minutes. (getting an averaged water sample from the event) Except we need 15 of them. I found a cheap version of the relay on ebay ($8).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Progra...5&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=291084524308&autorefresh=true

I was just wondering if you guys could figure out if the one from ebay would do the same job we have the expensive $104 relay doing. They will all be enclosed within a metal casing away from weather.

Thankyou very much

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
What is the start current of your pumps?
Chris