Maker Pro
Maker Pro

12v power supply

brian33

Nov 17, 2009
Can anyone shed some light on on a power supply question for me..
I have an under the counter DVD player in my kitchen and the power supply has gone to crap.. The manual says it's a DC-12v and the 3 circles in a line are a minus, then a dot surrounded by half a circle, then a plus in a circle.
The company's "so called" support line has given me the run around so hard that i honestly want to smash the thing..but then my wife will smash me.
Is it possible to pick up one of these things at at a radio shack or something? Anybody got a link?

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
The symbol you are describing is trying to illustrate how plus and minus is connected to the plug (the polarity).
I guess you're saying the minus is "lined" to the center dot (pin), and the half-circle (outer shell) is on the plus side.
Yes, you can get a replacement almost anywhere they sell wall-warts. Just make sure the plug is identical, the voltage & polarity the same, & the amperage is at least as high as the original.
Are there any other spec's on the equipment?

brian33

Nov 17, 2009
no other equip specs...i guess i'm gonna hve to dig for the amp-age.
Can u recc. somewhere (national chain maybe) that's better than another for these things than another?
Thx a ton for this info, it's prolly gonna save my marriage for a while! :)

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Try to Google the DVD make & model to see if you can find more info about it.
I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the US market. (I expect that's where you get smashing girls and under-the-counter DVD players..;) )
Glad to be of assistance! :)