Maker Pro
Maker Pro

128 Pin Connector

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I cut it closed to having the shortest of the shield splices too close to the cannon plug's strain relief but it looks like it'll be okay.

Possibly adhesive heat shrink the entire assembly coming out of the plug to not only equalize the strain across the bundle but also to give you a clean strain relief exit area?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
If I do use it for anything it would only be at the ends where the strain relief is.

That is what I meant a short section of adhesive heat shrink in the strain relief area gluing all the individual wire bundles together into a single unit at that point, and adding a second 'strain' relief... You can still slide the protective wire loom over it...

ICGengineerTech

Aug 15, 2012
That is what I meant a short section of adhesive heat shrink in the strain relief area gluing all the individual wire bundles together into a single unit at that point, and adding a second 'strain' relief... You can still slide the protective wire loom over it...

I see what you mean. It would be strictly be up to the engineers. I doubt they will stay with this design. I think I am going to end up using metal shielding with a full length heat shrink over the entire cable.