Connect with us

12 pin Connector

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Chad Pennington, Sep 10, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Chad Pennington

    Chad Pennington

    Sep 10, 2017
    Hi all,

    I stumbled upon a 12 pin receiver that I'm not familiar with (see attached photo). Does anyone know the name of this port? Or the type of connection? I am trying to find a power cable that is compatible. The item itself is a waveguide transfer switch, and I haven't been able to get in touch with the company that manufactured this product.The goal is to control the transfer switch electrically, and it seems as though it just needs power to operate. Any suggestions for finding the connector or its name would be appreciated.

    Attached Files:

  2. AnalogKid


    Jun 10, 2015
    That is a MIL STD 38999 type connector. There are hundreds of variations and the spec with all attachments is over 2000 pages. There is no standard pinout for power or signals. Whatever the piece of equipment is, that connector's wiring is customized for it. In very round numbers, the fatter pins are for power that could be anything from 16 to 270 Vdc, or 85 to 270 Vac, 40 to 440 Hz.

    hevans1944 and davenn like this.
  3. dorke


    Jun 20, 2015
    Welcome to EP.

    Here is your guy .
    Here is a general catalog.

    You have to know the pins functionality, otherwise you may cause damage to the unit!
  4. Chad Pennington

    Chad Pennington

    Sep 10, 2017
    Thank you!
  5. Minder


    Apr 24, 2015
    There is normally a MS connector number marked on it around the base.
    That is a Burndy, but there are few suppliers, Amp, Amphenol etc, they aren't that cheap!
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day