Connect with us

10MHz clock generator

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by kds, May 25, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. kds

kds

May 23, 2010
    Is anybody aware of the IC which gives a fixed SQUARE wave of 10MHz with 5V amplitude.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Have a look at one of the many 10MHz crystal oscillators. They come in a metal package the size of an IC, have 4 leads, and simply require power to operate.

You'd probably be looking for one with CMOS compatible output rather than TTL.

3. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    Google: 10Mhz clock oscillator
    You will find lots of vendors of metal, 4 pin DIP packages.

Ken

4. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    kds, don't post multiple threads for a single question. All it achieves is getting multiple people to expend effort answering your posts and annoys the moderators.

5. kds

kds

May 23, 2010
    the crystal osc that was mentioned(4 pin metal package) gave a sinusoidal types wave.
    it doesnot give a exact square wave. I need it to operate ADS 805 ADC

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Then use a schmitt trugger.

All the datasheets I've seen quote rise an fall times of 10 to 15 ns for the range of frequencies you want. What rise/fall time is specified as required for your ADS 805 ADC?

If your oscilloscope doesn't have a bandwidth many times (say 10 times) the frequency of the square wave you're trying to look at, then it will appear to have far slower rise and fall times.

7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    yup exactly I have used a 74AC14 or 74HCT14 HEX inverter(includes a schmitt trigg)
    handles 10MHz easily. and if you are worried about all the harmonics up the spectrum
    you can always stick in a low pass filter before the following circuitry with a cutoff of say
    ~ 20 or 30MHz

cheers
    Dave

8. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    Interesting! Most of the ones I'm familiar with have a TTL compatible outputs, with a few nS rise times such as this: http://www.ctscorp.com/components/Datasheets/008-0258-0_E.pdf

Ken

Ask a Question