Connect with us

1000 W dc-ac inverter fault

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Phlox123, Nov 5, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Phlox123

Phlox123

Nov 5, 2013
    Hi all, im trying to fix a couple of inverters, i found two which dont seem to have any major problems like blown mosfets or resistors and so,the board looks quite good but i know theres a fault because what i have found is that the battery input terminals have a short on it and shorts out the battery, only tested with a ups battery , didnt want to short out my car battery.

does anyone have a clue as to where i can start to troubleshoot the problem?

ive got about 7 of exactly the same inverters, some with blown mosfets, some with major blow ups and burnt units, but most of them only have a blown mosfet and then the two i tested short out on the input.

with them all being the same ive at least got some spares to work with.

oh and i dont know whats the brand name or model number, the pc board doesnt even have a serial number.

i would like if i van fix at least one or two, just for the purpose of lighting up lights .

Ask a Question