Connect with us

1/4-inch-to-1/8-inch plug adapter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by electronoobz, Apr 29, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. electronoobz

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
    is there a way to make a homemade 1/4-inch-to-1/8-inch plug adapter?

i want to plug my guitar to my computer, the problem is i dont have that thing.

or could i just cut of the cord with 1/4 jack from a microphone and solder it to an earphone cord? could you tell me how if it's possible?

got any idea to make it? or plug my guitar to my computer?

2. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  3. electronoobz

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
    im here because i dont want to buy that. im just a kid. no money. since it's vacation here.
    parents are busy because of their work.

4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    If you have junk cables lying around, sure, just cut them and solder the wires together and wrap them in tape or heat shrink if that is available. The guitar cable is likely to be coaxial and the headphone cable not. Cut the guitar cable long and the headphone one short to minimize stray pickup.

Bob

5. electronoobz

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
    is there a color on thw wire and should i match them??

6. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    the colours for each chord may be the same or may be totally different
    the idea is to use a multimeter if you have one or if not a 1.5v AA battery and a globe from a torch to figure out which wire is which. on a stereo plug there are 3 connections so 3 wires. on mono there are 2 wires. you have to get it so the tip of each is the same wire, the base of each is the same, and in stereo the middle parts are the same wire.

Ask a Question