Maker Pro
Maker Pro

0-5.0 volt adjustable switch?

firsttimer

Mar 6, 2015
Hello all. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on switchs.

basically ill have a 9 volt system, that i need a switch for. It will only have 1 input and 1 output. simple right?

Ill have a pressure sensor sending a 0- 5.0 volt signal to the switch. I need a switch that is adjustable (simple incorporated rheostat should do it i would think), I'll be taking the signal from the pressure sensor and I need to set at what voltage it will trigger its output (basically matching up what P.S.I correlates with what voltage output of the sensor).

A link would be fantastic! Thank you all for your help.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi there
welcome to the forums :)

Ill have a pressure sensor sending a 0- 5.0 volt signal to the switch. I need a switch that is adjustable (simple incorporated rheostat should do it i would think), I'll be taking the signal from the pressure sensor and I need to set at what voltage it will trigger its output (basically matching up what P.S.I correlates with what voltage output of the sensor).

not quite that easy ... but not overly difficult

the best way would be with a comparator op-amp circuit

have a look at this page for a basic start .....
http://homemadecircuitsandschematics.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/how-to-use-ic-741-as-comparator.html
They are using a LDR ( Light Dependent Resistor) but you would feed the signal into pin 3 if the Op-Amp instead
You could change R1 or R2 to a trimpot so you can easily adjust the reference voltage level point

Dave