Connect with us

† Any suppliers of LCD glass pins?

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by William E Miller, Mar 25, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. I'm looking to find one or more specific suppliers of the pins used to
    connect to glass LCD panels so they can then be connected to a ribbon,
    board, etc.

    I'm talking about the ones that look like this:

    Here's a crude drawing, too:

    _______ ______________________//
    / PIN | | LCD
    | -----------------------------------------------------------//
    | | PANEL
    | -----------------------------------------------------------//
    | _____|
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    \ /
  2. Guest

    Silly question maybe, but do you have the fixtures and adhesives to
    mount these properly? Normally you order the LCD with the pins
    preinstalled if you want it.
  3. This would be for retrofit or modification - occasional use, really.
  4. Guest

    Go to <>. In "Quick Find by Description"
    select "Printed Circuit Pins". On the results page select "Edge-Mount
    Pin". A part similar to what you want appears to be a series 7310 Edge-
    Mount Pin.

    This type of pin is not infrequently used for making SOIC-to-DIP
    adapter boards.

    I suspect that the purpose-built pins you see on LCDs are custom
    manufactured for the LCD vendor based on their selected glass
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day