Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PS4 pro power supply coil whine

abdellwahed1

May 14, 2018
I have a PlayStation Pro that has a buzzing and ticking sound from the back on the side of the power supply. I searched for a solutions , i tried to make reflow for some of the components but it did not work. In addition, I used silicone on parts on board without any changement. I discovered that if I make a short on the IC in the left corner, the noise stops. Is that dangerous?Capture d’écran 2024-03-26 192805.png

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Yes it's dangerous! Did the unit work with the noise?
Take a photo of the component side of your power supply! Is there a an.mechanical relay?
What what pins did you short out and to where? And why? What's the model number of your PlayStation Pro?

abdellwahed1

May 14, 2018
Model PS4 : cuh-7116b
PSU : n15-300p1a
I have a noise from the back side of the console ( from the power supply) , that coil whine, many people talking about it in internet, I tried one trick that i found from youtube to put some silicone to reduce the noise without any progress , ( on the video he replaced the two yellow components ) IMG_20240328_111453.jpg

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
What is the reference designator on the PCB for those two yellow components?
Example:{(C4) (RY)}
photo_1711680387122.png
It look like a capacitor and if they are connected in series and are leaking DC will get into your Toroidal transformer and it will start humming. Only because it does not know the words. Now back to your short circuit... You might have damage nearby components. Take care of the hum first and then we'll see...

abdellwahed1

May 14, 2018
What is the reference designator on the PCB for those two yellow components?
Example:{(C4) (RY)}
View attachment 63213
It look like a capacitor and if they are connected in series and are leaking DC will get into your Toroidal transformer and it will start humming. Only because it does not know the words. Now back to your short circuit... You might have damage nearby components. Take care of the hum first and then we'll see...
Yes they are capacitors , you're right , I hope we will find a solution especially since a repairer asked me for a large sum of money to repair it

Attachments

• yarab.png
    yarab.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
No need to watch videos thank you anyway.
hope we will find a solution especially since a repairer asked me for a large sum of money to repair imoney
Well then we won't tell them you're going around shorting out components. You have no idea what you're doing do you?
But that's okay it's good to find an abundance of information.
Just as long as you get there... it doesn't matter how you get there. . It's The end result that counts. And besides I believe it's a common problem. Geeze you put a whole tube of room temperature vulcanized silicone on it didn't you.... Good luck to you.

Last edited:

abdellwahed1

May 14, 2018
No need to watch videos thank you anyway.

Well then we won't tell them you're going around shorting out components. You have no idea what you're doing do you?
But that's okay it's good to find an abundance of information.
Just as long as you get there... it doesn't matter how you get there. . It's The end result that counts. And besides I believe it's a common problem. Geeze you put a whole tube of room temperature vulcanized silicone on it didn't you.... Good luck to you.
can i replace the capacitors with the ones in photo ( are there the same?)

Attachments

• capa.png
    capa.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
You can replace only the 0.68 microfarad you need a 1.0 microfarad as well,..

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I ordered the two capacitors below, excuse me, are they good for our replacement?
Our replacement?
The two capacitors you ordered below.
datasheets of capacitors?
You should "meet" or "exceed" the characteristic specifications of the original capacitors with the ones you purchased.