Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Repairing a Premier Health Products PHP 2026 / 2027 Massage Chair

dmo

Aug 21, 2021
Hello, have had PHP 2026 for a number of years. Purchased brand new and very lightly used. My girlfriend was showing someone how to use it and pressed several buttons at once, and the chair quit working. When you first turn it on, there is a metalic klink and the red light starts flashing. All the vibrating works still, but when pushing one of the massage buttons, there is a very faint klink and after a few seconds, the error message displays. Would appreciate anything ideas or information you have. Thanks in advance.

mfoster7

Sep 17, 2019
Hello, have had PHP 2026 for a number of years. Purchased brand new and very lightly used. My girlfriend was showing someone how to use it and pressed several buttons at once, and the chair quit working. When you first turn it on, there is a metalic klink and the red light starts flashing. All the vibrating works still, but when pushing one of the massage buttons, there is a very faint klink and after a few seconds, the error message displays. Would appreciate anything ideas or information you have. Thanks in advance.

If you've done the obvious (turn it off, unplug for a minute, plug back in, and turn it on) and that doesn't reset the electronics, then look at page 1 of this thread at https://www.electronicspoint.com/fo...-products-php-2026-2027-massage-chair.283587/. He includes several helpful pics as well.

This turned out to be the problem with my PHP 2026 a couple years ago (symptoms were the same) and replacing the part solved the problem. It was about $80 when I bought it. It's somewhat tedious getting to the part and doing the labor. But $80 to salvage a $3000 chair was definitely worth it.

As that contributor wrote, "Most common problem is when ALL the massage chair motors e.g. recline, Kneading, Tapping, elevation no longer work - you will notice the vibration will work." He doesn't, however, mention the metallic "klink" sound you referenced, so it could be something different. But see if anyone else here has another suggestion.

dmo

Aug 21, 2021
If you've done the obvious (turn it off, unplug for a minute, plug back in, and turn it on) and that doesn't reset the electronics, then look at page 1 of this thread at https://www.electronicspoint.com/fo...-products-php-2026-2027-massage-chair.283587/. He includes several helpful pics as well.

This turned out to be the problem with my PHP 2026 a couple years ago (symptoms were the same) and replacing the part solved the problem. It was about $80 when I bought it. It's somewhat tedious getting to the part and doing the labor. But $80 to salvage a $3000 chair was definitely worth it.

As that contributor wrote, "Most common problem is when ALL the massage chair motors e.g. recline, Kneading, Tapping, elevation no longer work - you will notice the vibration will work." He doesn't, however, mention the metallic "klink" sound you referenced, so it could be something different. But see if anyone else here has another suggestion.

Many thanks for your response, I have little doubt that you're correct but I will monitor this thread just in case someone has another approach. I did take some time to look at ebay for a replacement part and haven't yet been able to find one that fits the specs and the size requirement. If anyone has a source for the part, or where I can get one made, I'd love to get that information. Again, appreciate the help.

mfoster7

Sep 17, 2019
Many thanks for your response, I have little doubt that you're correct but I will monitor this thread just in case someone has another approach. I did take some time to look at ebay for a replacement part and haven't yet been able to find one that fits the specs and the size requirement. If anyone has a source for the part, or where I can get one made, I'd love to get that information. Again, appreciate the help.

This part is what I ordered from Mouser Electronics 2 years about. It's about $62, but the site indicates they won't have any in stock until Sept. 23.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...hW/f6c%2B1FosYPjZtDLo5bZJambItIeKAVnHVRlbjA==

I remember mine was a pretty tight fit in the electrical box, but was able to get it in with a little effort. And it has worked great for these past two years.

Of course all your work must be done with the chair unplugged.

dmo

Aug 21, 2021
Careful reading of the entire thread here has convinced my that the transformer is the problem and I have ordered a replacement part. Very appreciative of everyone here who reached out to help a stranger repair his chair. Hopefully I will be able to contribute something back sometime in the future. Best to all!
P.S. Will post after getting the part and replacing. Part is back ordered.

dr..sid

Nov 10, 2021
1st timer here. Not sure if I am entering this question in the right place, but here goes:
My php2026 has the vibration feature running all the time when its plugged in. It doesn’t matter if the unit is turned on or off with the remote, the vibration continues as long as the chair is plugged in. All the other features seem to work as designed. Is there a way to remove power from the vibrator motor(s)?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir sid . . . . .
Consult the info below and you will see that the top legend references are telling you:
That the RED asterisk mark up, confirms that if the BLUE PLUG 4 is unplugged, that will disable the vibrate electro-mechanics.
VIZ . . . .
Massawge-Chair-Vibration-Plug-In.png

73's de Edd . . . . .

Now I may not be that funny or athletic or good looking or smart or talented. . . . . . . . ? . . . . . heck, I now forgot where I was going with this ? ? ?

dr..sid

Nov 10, 2021
Sir sid . . . . .
Consult the info below and you will see that the top legend references are telling you:
That the RED asterisk mark up, confirms that if the BLUE PLUG 4 is unplugged, that will disable the vibrate electro-mechanics.
VIZ . . . .
Massawge-Chair-Vibration-Plug-In.png

73's de Edd . . . . .

Now I may not be that funny or athletic or good looking or smart or talented. . . . . . . . ? . . . . . heck, I now forgot where I was going with this ? ? ?

Thanks VIZ! Sounds like exactly what i wanted. Will try to find the pcb in the next couple of days.

mfoster7

Sep 17, 2019
Dr sid, that's a new one. Usually it's something that doesn't work. Yours over-works. ;)

Anyway, the solution 73's de Edd provided should work. Alternatively, a simple/quick solution would be to lift the seat cushion (mine's simply held on by Velcro) and disconnect the wire attached to it. Took me one minute to test mine.

dr..sid

Nov 10, 2021
Dr sid, that's a new one. Usually it's something that doesn't work. Yours over-works. ;)

Anyway, the solution 73's de Edd provided should work. Alternatively, a simple/quick solution would be to lift the seat cushion (mine's simply held on by Velcro) and disconnect the wire attached to it. Took me one minute to test mine.
Thanks! That was easier, but didnt fix the problem because the vibration is in the back, not the seat.

Thanks! That was easier, but didnt fix the problem because the vibration is in the back, not the seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

mfoster7

Sep 17, 2019
Sorry about that. You didn't mention back vs. seat in your original inquiry. Given the diagram 73's de Edd provided, his solution should work.

dr..sid

Nov 10, 2021
I thought they might be connected together, but wasn’t really sure which was vibrating. Maybe both! I’ll get to the pcb and disconnect plug 4 tomorrow. Thanks again for all your help!

Thanks VIZ! Sounds like exactly what i wanted. Will try to find the pcb in the next couple of days.
I thought I saw in this forum how to access the printed circuit board, but now I cant find it? Can you help please?

i’m having trouble moving the back out of the way. The instructions say to pull the back latch towards you then lower the back onto the seat. I cant find a back latch! Where is it, the picture isn’t helpful. Thanks for putting up with me!

I thought I saw in this forum how to access the printed circuit board, but now I cant find it? Can you help please?
I found the post to access but see my next post.

I found the post to access but see my next post.
Or my previous post?

Thanks to everyone for the help troubleshooting my massage chair. I have successfully disassembled the chair to gain access to the pcb. I then unplugged the blue plug 4 and reassembled my chair. wallah… the chair works fine sans the vibration feature that i didn’t like anyway! You guys are the best! Many kudos to y’all!

Last edited by a moderator:

mfoster7

Sep 17, 2019
Your sense of daunting at the time was mine as well. Especially when I received the part that was a bit larger than the original and had to slightly force it in. But when I finished, put everything back together, and it actually resolved the problem, I felt a little like a mechanic (which I'm not!). ;)

So congrats. Hopefully you'll get many more years use out of it.

Rookjosie

Dec 7, 2021
Many, many thanks to those who posted instructions. I was able to order the Mouser replacement and install it. I must admit it looked pretty daunting at first but the instructions posted made it a step by step process. One at a time, I snipped a wire and attached the new one. It works again. I’m very thankful to all who took the time to help!

vincedbar

Aug 4, 2019
Hello hope someone is still monitoring this threat anyways PHP 2026 massage and when I turn the switch on I hear a click noise but that's it. The remote doesn't function at all. I have replaced the Toroidal transformer a few years back when my chair first stop working. Does anyone know how long these last and could it be the same issues as before? I think when I first had a problem the remote still worked but not positive. Anyways any help would be appreciated if its the Toroidal transformer again or something else this time.

mfoster7

Sep 17, 2019
Hi Vince. I'm not familiar with the problem you're describing. But for the benefit of others who may respond here, I have three follow up questions for clarification:

1) When you reference "the switch," do you mean the on/off button to the controller, or rather some other switch on the controller or elsewhere?

2) Regardless what or where the "switch" is, does the "click" you're hearing happen immediately upon turning the switch on? And do you hear one click and then nothing, or rather a series of clicks?

3) When you reference "the remote," does your chair actually have a "remote" control you use, or rather is the controller electronically connected to the chair with wires, etc.? (I've never heard of this chair having an actual remote control, but perhaps the company did sell them.)

Any additional details you can offer would, I'm sure, help someone else respond here who has gone through a similar problem.

Thanks!

PeeWee911

Jan 21, 2022
Hello, I currently have a Premier Health Products PHP 2022 that I purchased new. I have had this chair for many years and it has performed very well until recently. Now it turns on and reclines but the massage functions (slow, med and fast vibrate) are working poorly. The "slow" goes up and down somewhat and massages but not very well. The "medium" and "vibrate" go up and down but don't massage at all. I know the company is out of business and hoping someone can help me troubleshoot. All I have is the original user manual which is of very little help. We love the chair and really would like to repair it. Anything that you can do to help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

mfoster7

Sep 17, 2019
Hi PeeWee. This is a long shot (and not likely the cause of your chair's problem), but I had something kind of similar with the massaging portion of my chair. The rollers would sometimes get stuck and not move up or down efficiently, if at all. Turned out that the material immediately covering the rollers had torn and the loose parts of that material were getting jammed into the rollers, preventing them from working well.

To verify this isn't your problem, simply lift the padding that covers that area of the chair behind your back and make sure it isn't torn, leaving the rollers exposed. (Damaged material would not be visible within lifting the padding.) If it turns out to be that, the material must be replaced... sewn to the faux leather with a STRONG replacement material by someone who specializes in furniture repairs.

Again, I assume your chair's problem is something else, but just in case...

PeeWee911

Jan 21, 2022
Hi PeeWee. This is a long shot (and not likely the cause of your chair's problem), but I had something kind of similar with the massaging portion of my chair. The rollers would sometimes get stuck and not move up or down efficiently, if at all. Turned out that the material immediately covering the rollers had torn and the loose parts of that material were getting jammed into the rollers, preventing them from working well.

To verify this isn't your problem, simply lift the padding that covers that area of the chair behind your back and make sure it isn't torn, leaving the rollers exposed. (Damaged material would not be visible within lifting the padding.) If it turns out to be that, the material must be replaced... sewn to the faux leather with a STRONG replacement material by someone who specializes in furniture repairs.

Again, I assume your chair's problem is something else, but just in case...
Thank you Mfoster7,
I think I've read the string/thread fully but was unable to find information on how to take the chair apart (2022) to begin the checking/troubleshooting process. I'm an old (73) USAF Avionics Electronics Tech but it's been a long time since I've done any electronics troubleshooting. My first step is to take the chair apart and then re-read the thread and go over all of the helpful answers. Can anyone help me with the disassembly? Thank you so much.