Maker Pro
Maker Pro

how i use this evaluation board DC2222A-A without PDA ?

siavosh1

Sep 4, 2014
Hi everybody
Until now , I design my ADC circuits with myself but i have new project that i need to use 32bit SAR ADC and i want send data from this ADC to the Atmega32 (8bit). as you know designing the PCB or drive circuit for this ADC`s is difficult and need time for finding errors and challenge with noise and ... So i make a decision that use the evaluation board but i haven`t any experience in it.
the LTC2500-32 is good for me and have a good features. and i found the DC2222A-A is the evaluation board of LTC2500-32 .but in datasheet i found this eval board make for some PDA .
I want use DC2222A-A stand alone without PDA . Can i do that or is it wisely ?!
thank you for sharing your experience or advice with me.

https://www.analog.com/media/en/dsp-documentation/evaluation-kit-manuals/dc2222afa.pdf
https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/250032fb.pdf

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
this eval board make for some PDA
What do you mean by PDA? There is no reference to this acronym in the description of the eval board. However, this eval board is not designed to be used standalone but together with a data collection board:
The DC2222A demonstrates the DC and AC performance of the LTC2508-32 in conjunction with the DC590 or DC2026 QuikEval™ and DC890 PScope™ data collection boards.

I want use DC2222A-A stand alone without PDA . Can i do that or is it wisely ?!
Can you do that? You should know. Technically it should be possible by emulating the interface to one of the data collection boards, but that will not be a simple task.
Is it wise? Probably not. If you are going into the trouble of designing the required interface you may as well design your own analog board. That will be much less expensive, too.
The same is true for the other eval board, the DC2390A-A (which requires a different host board than the DC2222A-A, but anyway).

As an alternative have a look at the EVAL-AD7177-2SDZ eval board. This is for another ADC, still 32 bit, 2 channels, 10ks/s, interfaces to a pc via USB.